sister's planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramadhaan defined and Virtues

Go down

Ramadhaan defined and Virtues Empty Ramadhaan defined and it’s Virtues

Post by drmedicine Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:18 pm

Praise be to Allaah.
Ramadaan is one of the twelve Arabic months. It is a month which is venerated in the Islaamic
religion, and it is distinguished from the other months by a number of characteristics and virtues,
including the following:
1 – Allaah has made fasting this month the fourth pillar of Islaam, as He says (interpretation of
the meaning):
“The month of Ramadhaan in which was revealed the Qur’an, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for
the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the
first night of) the month (of Ramadhaan i.e. is present at his home), he must observe Sawm (fasts) that
month…”[al-Baqarah 2:185]
and it was narrated in al-Saheehayn (al-Bukhaari, 8; Muslim, 16) from the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar that
the Prophet sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam said: “Islaam is built on five (pillars): the testimony that
there is no god except Allaah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah; establishing
prayer; paying zakaah; fasting Ramadaan; and Hajj to the House (the Ka’bah).”

2 – Allaah revealed the Qur’an in this month, as He says in the verse quoted above
(interpretation of the meaning):
“The month of Ramadhaan in which was revealed the Qur’an, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for
the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong)…”[al-Baqarah 2:185]
And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Verily, We have sent it (this Qur’an) down in the Night of Al-Qadr (Decree).”[al-Qadr 97:1]

3 – Allaah has made Laylat al-Qadr in this month, which is better than a thousand months, as
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Verily, We have sent it (this Qur’an) down in the Night of Al-Qadr (Decree
And what will make you know what the Night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is?
The Night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allaah in that night is
better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months).
Therein descend the angels and the Rooh [Jibreel (Gabriel)] by Allaah’s Permission with all Decrees,
(All that night), there is peace (and goodness from Allaah to His believing slaves) until the appearance of
dawn” [al-Qadar 97:1-5]
“We sent it (this Qur’an) down on a blessed night [(i.e. the Night of Al-Qadr) in the month of Ramadhaan
— the 9th month of the Islaamic calendar]. Verily, We are ever warning [mankind that Our Torment will
reach those who disbelieve in Our Oneness of Lordship and in Our Oneness of worship]” [al-Dukhaan,44:3]

drmedicine
Admin

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-07-31

https://drmedicine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum