sister's planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a Healthier Heart

2 posters

Go down

Have a Healthier Heart Empty Have a Healthier Heart

Post by Renik Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:52 am

Love your heart by reading up on the latest news on cholesterol

If cholesterol guidelines were fully implemented, most of the world’s adult population would be taking cholesterol-lowering statin drugs, according to research published in the British Medical Journal. Based on the latest figures available, Lipitor was the top-selling drug in the world for the five years leading up to 2005, with annual sales of $12.9 billion in that year. Yet lowering cholesterol may not be as healthy
as we believe. Contrary to popular wisdom, cholesterol, with the exception of oxidized LDL is a
substance our bodies need to function normally. Fifty percent of brain tissue is cholesterol. The cholesterol in the brain doesn’t come from the blood but is made by brain cells, and statin drugs cross the blood-brain barrier and block the brain’s ability to make adequate cholesterol. Memory loss, insomnia,
personality changes and road rage are some of the consequences, particularly among people over age 65 and even more so among those over age 80.
* Middle-aged men who are otherwise at high risk of heart disease probably receive more benefit than harm from statin drugs.
* There is no research to support the premise that statin drugs lower death rates among women, although they do reduce the rate of heart attacks.
* Among people over age 75, higher cholesterol seems to be protective against heart arrhythmias, atrial fibrillation and strokes.

The Real Culprits
Inflammation is the real risk factor we should be worried about, and too much refined sugar and high-fructose corn syrup in our diets is a major contributing factor. Eliminating these sweeteners along with processed food and trans fat, while adding healthy fats, wholesome food and regular exercise, is all part of the solution, along with the right supplements. Trans fat, in the form of hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils, is difficult to avoid in processed foods. These unhealthy fats, even in small amounts, play havoc with arteries .

How Much Trans Fat Do We Eat?

The average person consumes 5.8g of trans fat daily, which adds up to approximately 4.7 lb. per
year. The major food sources of trans fat are:
40% from cookies, cakes, crackers, pies, bread
and similar foods
21% from animal products
17% from margarine or butter
8% from fried potatoes
5% from potato chips, corn chips, popcorn
4% from household shortening
3% from salad dressing
1% from breakfast cereal
1% from candy
Very Happy
Renik
Renik

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Have a Healthier Heart Empty Re: Have a Healthier Heart

Post by drmedicine Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:52 pm

thanx a lot dr. renik jan hihihi i can't help giving you this title after this valubale post addressing one of the most prevelant diseases all over the earth take care of yourself & your heart :Dfi aman Allah

drmedicine
Admin

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-07-31

https://drmedicine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Renik Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:22 am

drmedicine wrote:thanx a lot dr. renik jan hihihi i can't help giving you this title after this valubale post addressing one of the most prevelant diseases all over the earth take care of yourself & your heart :Dfi aman Allah

ohhhh , dear please don't make me blush Embarassed
I just read this article in the magazine & decieded to share with you
hope it can be helpful for all
Renik
Renik

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down